Antilla Mumbai is the world’s most expensive house costing $1 Billion, making it the world’s first billion dollar house. A custom built 27 story towering mansion, Antilla in Mumbai is the home of the world’s 5th richest man called Mukesh Ambani, head of Indian petrochemical giant Reliance Industries. Here’s a few pictures of this towering property.
Unbelievable.That is the only word fit to describe the fact that the world’s tallest, most luxurious, lavish and downright most expensive single-family home has been left lying empty for what is now more than a year since its completion. People are understandably angry at the waste. But that is not the only unbelievable thing about this mammoth building built by Indian billionaire Mukesh Ambani.
The latest reason being given for the family’s failure to move into their home with its cinemas, helipads and crystal chandeliered ballroom is that it doesn’t have enough eastern facing windows. The reports say that the family fears living in the building would plunge them into a curse of bad luck, for not adhering to the principles of Vastu Shastra – a Hindu variant of Feng Shui!
More Antilla Mumbai Facts
- 3 helipads on top. Mumbai corporation has not given permission for making this operational yet.
- Hanging gardens within the structure
- Swimming pool within the structure
- A two storey Health centre
- Parking space for 168 cars (6 floors). I initially thought that meant there will be a mini office in the building but apparently that is not the case. All these cars will belong to Mukesh Ambani! Just in case you are interested, he drives a 5 crore Maybach now.
- A floor exclusively for servicing these automobiles within the building.
- A floor for Home theatre – sitting capacity of 50
Most absurd of all, the house will have a staff of 600 (sic) to do the maintenance activities. That gives a ratio of 1:100 for people living in the house and those who are paid to take care of it. The six lucky ones are the man himself, his wife, his 3 children and his mother Kokilaben. The family will be moving in from their old home ‘Sea Wind’ which was a 14 floor building at Cuffe Parade.